The course is designed to maximise your score in the MSRA, and prepare you for your subsequent Anaesthetic Interview. We want you to undertake these assessments knowing that you could not be better prepared and that you have a real edge over the majority of other candidates. The interview day itself will potentially determine the rest of your career and you will need to give yourself the best chance possible.
*** NEW INTERVIEW FORMAT FOR AUGUST 2022 ENTRY - INCLUDING THE RETURN OF THE CLINICAL SCENARIO - OUR UP TO DATE COURSE INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR YOUR UPCOMING INTERVIEW***
08.45 - 09.00: Introductions and overview of application process
09.00 - 11.30: MSRA: how to prepare and techniques to succeed
11.45 - 13.15: Part 1: Clinical Scenario
14.00 - 17.00: Part 2: General Interview
We will take you through the the structure of the MSRA in detail with techniques used by previous high-scoring candidates, analysis of the question styles used, and expert advice on how to prepare for your own successful attempt.
We will go on to give you an honest insight into what being an Anaesthetic trainee is really like, including both the positives and the challenges. The interview will explore your motivation for being an Anaesthetist and we will provide the relevant background information that will allow you to know and articulate clearly on the day why you deserve the training contract.
The Anaesthetic Interview will be highly structured and this structure will be explored in detail, using the most up-to-date material possible. We will take you through both what to expect, and importantly how to deal with the unexpected. Past questions will be gone through in detail, including the clinical scenarios typically used in 'pre-COVID times'. Clear strategies for maximising your score will be given. Example 'model' answers will be demonstrated, and detailed advice given on how to undertake your own preparation. You will complete the day with a clear route forwards to give the best possible account of yourself during your own upcoming Anaesthetic Interview.
You will be sent a detailed updated course handbook for the 2021/2022 ANRO Anaesthetic Interview. It will allow you to work through past questions, explore useful resources, and prepare yourself for your interview thinking about how to maximise your score at all times.
We understand that the Anaesthetic Interviews are daunting and competitive. The additional challenge of sitting the MSRA adds to the workload. It will be the first interview many of you have gone through since applying to medical school. Undertaking an interview in a relatively new format via teleconferencing software only adds to the uncertainty. However, it is important to remember that it can and should be prepared for as rigorously as an examination, and that with proper preparation, you should expect to excel. We believe that this long established and proven course is a key component of that preparation and by undertaking it you are giving yourself the best possible chance of your dream job.
Course fee includes: the updated 2021/2022 course handbook, posted lecture printouts, a private teleconference link to the live lecture material provided shortly before course date, and a dedicated email response service for any last minute questions up to and beyond your interview.
Saturday 4th December 2021
08:45 - 17.00
We cannot accept any cancellations within 6 weeks of the course date. Before 6 weeks there is a 10% administration fee, leaving a 90% refund.
Due to copyright issues, we will not be making any electronic copies of the webinar or course materials available before or after the course date.
If you change your postal address between the time of booking and prior to receiving your course materials, please do let us know as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do add email@example.com to your email inbox 'safe-list'. Various email servers (especially some nhs.net addresses) get suspicious otherwise:)
This course is designed for applicants for Core Training in Anaesthetics or ACCS Anaesthetics who will be sitting the MSRA in Jan 2022, interviewing in Feb /Mar 2022, and commencing their CT1 training in Aug 2022.
£25 off Emedica two day MSRA Crammer course + online revision bundle when using sign up code:
10% off Emedica Question Bank when using sign up code:
Question Banks, Flash Cards, and Podcasts available at