Our September course covers the same material as our flagship August course (minus the MSRA teaching). This course will appeal to you if
The course is designed to maximise your score and prepare you for your upcoming Anaesthetic Interview. We want you to undertake it knowing that you could not be better prepared and that you have a real edge over the majority of other candidates. The interview day itself will potentially determine the rest of your career and you will need to give yourself the best chance possible.
***We now have a new and extensive question bank for the new format online interviews thanks to feedback from hundreds of August 2021 applicants.***
09.30 - 10.00 Introductions and overview of application process
10.00 - 11.30 Part 1: Portfolio questions
12.00 - 15.00 Part 2: Domain questions
We will give you an honest insight into what being an Anaesthetic trainee is really like, including both the positives and the challenges. The interview will explore your motivation for being an Anaesthetist and we will provide the relevant background information that will allow you to know and articulate clearly on the day why you deserve the training contract.
The Anaesthetic Interview will be highly structured and this structure will be explored in detail, using the most up-to-date material possible. We will take you through both what to expect, and importantly how to deal with the unexpected. Past questions will be gone through in detail and strategies for maximising your score will be given. Example 'model' answers will be demonstrated, and advice given on how to prepare. You will complete the day with a clear route forwards to give the best possible account of yourself during your own upcoming Anaesthetic Interview.
You will be sent a detailed updated course handbook for the 2020/2021 ANRO Anaesthetic Interview. It will allow you to work through past questions, explore useful resources, and prepare yourself for your interview thinking about how to maximise your score at all times.
We understand that the Anaesthetic Interviews are daunting and competitive. It will be the first interview many of you have gone through since applying to medical school. Undertaking an interview in a new format via teleconferencing software only adds to the uncertainty. However, it is important to remember that it can and should be prepared for as rigorously as an examination, and that with proper preparation, you should expect to excel. We believe that this long established and proven course is a key component of that preparation and by undertaking it you are giving yourself the best possible chance of your dream job.
Course fee includes: the updated 2021 course handbook, posted lecture printouts, a private teleconference link to the live lecture material provided shortly before course date, and a dedicated email response service for any last minute questions up to and beyond your interview.
Saturday 25th September 2021
09:30 - 15:30
We cannot accept any cancellations within 6 weeks of the course date.
Before 6 weeks there is a 10% administration fee, leaving a 90% refund.
Due to copyright issues, we will not be making a recording of the webinar available after the course date.