The course is designed to prepare you for your upcoming Anaesthetic Interview. We want you to arrive on the day knowing that you could not be better prepared and that you have a real edge over the majority of other candidates. The interview day will potentially determine the rest of your career and you will need to give yourself the best chance possible.
We will give you an honest insight into what being an Anaesthetic trainee is really like, including both the positives and the challenges. The interview will explore your motivation for being an Anaesthetist and we will provide the relevant background information that will allow you to know and articulate clearly on the day why you deserve the training contract.
The Anaesthetic Interview consists of 3 stations and each of these will be explored in detail, using the most up-to-date material possible and taking you through both what to expect, and importantly how to deal with the unexpected. Past questions will be gone through in detail and strategies for maximising your score will be given. Tips for optimising the content and presentation of your portfolio will also be gone through in preparation for this key station.
You will be sent a detailed course handbook in plenty of time so that you have an opportunity to work through past questions, explore useful resources, and prepare yourself for your interviews. Doing this preparation will also allow you to elucidate questions and areas of weakness in your own mind so that you arrive at the course knowing what you need to work on.
We understand that the Anaesthetic Interviews are daunting and competitive. It will be the first interview many of you have gone through since applying to medical school. However, it is important to remember that it can and should be prepared for as rigorously as an examination, and that with proper preparation, you should expect to do well. We believe that this unique course, the only one of its kind being run, is a key component of that preparation and giving yourself the best possible chance.
Course fee includes: lunch, unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits through the day, the course handbook, lecture printouts, and a dedicated email response service for any last minute questions up until your interview date.
Please note that this course does not include a mock interview with a consultant panel.
14th December 2019
09:00 - 17.00
etcVenues, Avonmouth House, 6 Avonmouth St, London, SE1 6NX
We cannot accept any cancellations within 8 weeks of the course date.
Before 8 weeks there is a 10% administration fee, leaving a 90% refund.
- Focused lectures covering each of the interview stations
- Common topics and questions and how to tackle them
- Opportunity to meet other trainees and your future colleagues
- Opportunity to see our portfolios and more!